Internet access through mobile phones is expected to represent around 50% of total Internet usage by 2014. (Gartner)
Do you Own a Smartphone?
By definition, a smartphone is any mobile device that combines functions such as telephone, e-mail, Internet access, contact information, and calendar.
The three major suppliers of smartphones are Apple’s I-Phone, RIM’s Blackberry, and Google’s Android.
Here are the facts about the growth of the smartphone market.
- The Earth’s population is app. 6.7 billion
- There are 4.6 billion mobile phone subscribers worldwide. (U.N. Telecommunication Union)
- in 2009, smartphones accounted for 172 million (14%) of all mobile phones sold, a 23% increase over 2008. (Gartner)
- During Q2 2010, smartphones represented 62 million (19%) of mobile phones sold, an increase of over 50% on Q2 2009. (Gartner)
- Estimated sales of smartphones are expected to reach 500 million in 2012. (Morgan Stanley Research)
- Sales of smartphones are estimated to exceed those of PCs in 2012. (Gartner)
- Global smartphone sales are expected to reach 2.5 billion during the 2010-2015 period and that Internet use via smartphones will increase 50 fold by the end of that period. (Coda Research Consultancy)
- At the end of 2009, 97% of all Americans were using mobile phones. (Pew Research Center)
- During Q2 2010, sales of smartphones accounted for 25% of the US mobile phone market. By the end of 2011, the percentage of smartphone sales is expected to exceed 60%. (Nielson)
Will your current mobile phone permit you to be a player in the new Mobile World? If you want to learn more about how to become a true “Road Warrior,” give me a call at 917 921-4518 or e-mail me at email@example.com