One of the most important contributions of the Internet has been the ability of people to maintain lines of communication with family, friends and business associates around the world. While e-mail, Facebook and other social media tools have brought people together, the ability to have face-to-face contact regardless of location is the consummate means of communication.
Here are some of the reasons why Skype has become an indispensable program to people that, in many instances, are still “technology challenged.”
1. For parents and grandparents – The ability to keep in touch with college students. In many instances, they may be across the country or abroad. Face to face contact is assuring to both students and family members. Meeting roommates and friends is a favorite activity.
2. Senior Citizens – Being able to video chat with family and friends that may not be close by. This is most effective for seniors that are unable meet personally due to illness, inclement weather or geographic limitations.
3. Business People – Great way to communicate with customers, clients and other business associates. The ability to reduce travel expenses.
4. Travelers – Whether for personal or business purposes, the ability to communicate with your home of business from anywhere in the world where you have an Internet connection.
5. Job Seekers – The ability to communicate face-to-face with recruiters regardless of geographic location.
6. Students and Residents from Abroad – Keeping in touch with family and friends in overseas locations.
7. Group Chat – Permits people in different locations to participate in the communication.
8. Tech Support – Problems with any of your technology? Have a face-to-face conversation with your tech support team and be able to visually demonstrate some of your issues.
9. The Skype program can be downloaded to Window and MAC computers as well as blackberries, iPhones and Android smartphones with built-in wi-fi.
10. And most importantly, Skype to Skype calls whether it be between computers or smartphones with wi-fi Internet connections are FREE!!
If you have any questions about Skype or any other technology issues, please do not hesitate to contact me at 917 921-4518 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org